St. Kitts & Nevis Sugar Industry
Last Updated: June 1, 2015
This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
- Information we collect
- We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address and Social Security Number (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII are known together as “Information”. We may also collect and store Information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-borrowers), including their name, address, telephone number, mobile devices, email address and Social Security Number.
- How we collect information
- From you. We collect Information you provide to us: (a) in connection with inquiring about or obtaining our services. The Information we collect from you will vary depending on the product or service requested.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes.
- When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our website, personalize your online experience and record information about your visit. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click on and other actions you take while on our website. The cookies do not store any PII about you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
- Other Internet Technologies
- We may use web beacons and other standard Internet technologies to track your use on our websites. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, targeting and re-targeting pixels, third party pixels or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
- How we use your information
- Deliver the products and services you requested.
- Manage your relationship with us and provide you with customer support.
- Research and analyze your use of, or interest in, our products, services and content, and the products, services and content offered by others.
- Communicate with you via e-mail, telephone, postal mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Match you with lenders based on your financial information.
- With whom we share your information
- Lenders. In submitting a request for a loan product or service offered through this website, when you click on any button indicating an acceptance or agreement of terms, a continuance of processing or submission, you signify your agreement to proceed. You are consenting, acknowledging and agreeing to the disclosure of your PII with lenders in our network (“Lenders”) with whom you are or may be matched. Lenders with whom you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services, and you should contact these Lenders directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from ours.
- Subscriptions/Unsubscribe. When you "Submit" information, register for a service, or create an account through the St. Kitts & Nevis Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) website, we may send your information to Lenders and associated third parties. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive communications from SIDF, you agree to notify us by emailing [email protected] However, you will need to speak directly to those Lenders with whom you have been matched as well as associated third parties to ensure proper removal and adherence to their individual Privacy Policies.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share Non-PII with third parties at our discretion.
- Third Party links and policies.
Our website contains links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third parties and their servers may be located in the St. Kitts and Nevis or in other countries. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle Information they may collect about you.
- Choices about Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability to use certain features of our websites or receive certain products or services.
- Regulations require that we store completed loan requests for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information from our database until the expiration of the applicable period.
- How we protect your PII
- We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition to the restrictions outlined above, we require employees to comply with information security safeguards. We use encryption in the transmission of your PII between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your PII.
- No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care how they handle and disclose their PII.
- Visiting our website from outside St. Kitts & Nevis
- No Rights of Third Parties
- How to Contact Us.
St. Kitts & Nevis Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation
Unit C 21, The Sands Complex,
P.O. Box 1163
Tel: (869) 465-3750
Email: [email protected]